Here are some of my top memories from Christmas 2008:
- Taking Clayton to his great grandparents farm for the first time. I spent every Christmas in Galena as a child and I am so lucky to have had so many precious moments there with my family. I look forward to Clayton enjoying the farm as much as I have.
- Justin getting to the farm early and surprising us on Christmas Eve!
- Watching Clayton open his first Christmas presents. (We should all be so happy to tear paper!)
- Going to lunch with all the ladies at Grants place. (Thanks Uncle David for babysitting Clayton, even though he was a little grumpy with you!)
- Watching my grandmother read The Night Before Christmas to my son.
- Seeing the look on Nana and Grandpa's face every time they see Clayton.
- Clayton meeting Great Grandma Willy, his Great Aunt Lisa and his Super Uncle Dale.
- Watching Keely run and "hunt" in the snowy fields.
- Learning about the Titanic and how it was a large ship that sank! Thanks for the history lesson Aunt Barb!
- Waking up with my husband, sister, son and dog on Christmas morning all in the same bedroom! (Anna warned Justin at our wedding that we would still need to sleep in the same room from time to time)
- Having brunch with some girls from High School who I haven't seen in forever!
- Having a whole week with my family!!!!!!! I miss you guys already!
We can't thank our families enough for making the holidays special for us and Clayton. In a year that has brought such joy and sadness, we truly do have a lot to be thankful for. We miss Jaxson so much and holidays like Christmas are very bittersweet.
We are looking forward to a low key New Years at home. We hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year!
Love The Murphys
(P.S. See more resent posts below)