Sunday, November 6, 2011
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Monday, October 31, 2011
Sunday, October 30, 2011
Clayton would be upset if I didn't mention Billy the Bull, his and Mimi's good friend & Farmer Thoele's Pumpkin. Let's just say Anna and I were about to loose it as mom was hanging out the window yelling at this HUGE bull, talking like they were old friends. :)
Thanks mom and dad, we had a blast! Hope everyone has a safe and fun Halloween!
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Sunday, October 9, 2011
- 1 1/2 yards burlap (Whatever color works for your door)
- 10-14 inch Styrofoam wreath
- Box of 100 pins with a head so it wont go all the way through
- Ribbon to tie the wreath up if you want
- We got the 3M hooks at Michaels and they had the nice bronze finish on clearance
- Go to the link below for pictures on how to make the pieces
Monday, October 3, 2011
Justin started with BNSF last October! Wow, it is hard to believe it has been a year. While the journey was a bit longer than we hoped, our destination is incredible! We love being back in Illinois and LOVE the Dunlap/Edwards area. Justin has been really busy at work and loves the new challenges that working for the railroad bring. The claims he sees are very different than the insurance business, that is for sure. We love to hear his stories and Clayton is over the moon that daddy works for Sir Topham Hatt! Justin has worked so hard that he was given a promotion back in September. We are so proud of him and thank him so much for all his hard work so we can be back in the IL! Oh, and thanks Uncle Warren, you have a great company!
Yes, besides staying home with my adorable kiddos, I am also working. Things have been nuts. It was official on Friday that Ingersoll Rand the parent company I worked for, sold off their Hussmann division to be a stand alone company. Hussmann manufactures the refrigerator units you see in a lot of grocery stores. Next time you are in Hyvee look! :) It is cool to work for a company that really does have an effect on our everyday lives. It is amazing the technology and innovation that is needed to keep food costs down and keep food fresh from "farm to fork". I am now working as a HR Specialist for Hussmann and couldn't be happier. (Just celebrated 5 years with them in September. Time flies!) The next few months will be filled with work and possibly travel, but I do enjoy using my "adult" brain. I couldn't be luckier though to be able to spend all this time with Clayton and Maddie. I can't imagine not being able to see them grow, learn and play together everyday.
Well, that is enough. :) More posts to come on the kiddos!
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Sunday, September 25, 2011
We also got quite a bit done yesterday. I was able to finish the work on the holes left in the wall by the previous owners decorations in the kitchen. Then I painted it. I also got the first layer of the boarder down in the laundry room. It didn't come down as clean as I hoped, so more work to do. I am hoping for a great before and after to show you!
We finished off the night with a fun fire pit so it has already been a great weekend. We are headed today to Lincoln to have lunch with Justin's mom for her bday! Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Monday, September 19, 2011
We have a fun week this week too. Story time, Kate & Nora are coming and much more!
Thursday, September 15, 2011
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Saturday, September 10, 2011
The kids and I had a blast on Friday going with a local moms group to a dairy farm. They got to see and touch sheep, cows, chickens, a dog, kittens and got to see some beautiful horses. We are loving our new neighborhood and are so happy about the move.
We had a busy Saturday too. I drove to Bloomington to buy a vacuum, so glad that is over. :) Then we headed to see baby Nora for a bit and then to Nora Beeler's 1st Birthday party (confusing). The kids had so much fun playing outside and running around with the other kids. Of course the cake was great too!
To top it off it was a great day of football and Justin & Clayton are all ready for the Bears game tomorrow! We love the fall!
Thursday, August 11, 2011
WE ARE MOVING INTO A HOUSE!!!! If you are reading this we probably already closed since we are doing it bright and early Friday morning. We are excited can you tell?!?!? Here is a rundown on our new digs in Edwards/Dunlap Illinois.
- We are in one of the best school districts in the state
- We live 1.8 miles from the Shops at Grand Prairie
- There is still a brand new library really close
- We feel like we are in the country (horses, cows and barns right around the corner)
- There are TONS of young families in the subdivision
- We have a great size yard with a vegetable garden
- We will have bedroom doors to shut again!!!!!!!!!!! BEST PART
- We already have Clayton signed up for preschool, 2 days a week for a couple of hours.
I can hardly wait to get there. I have found so much for the kids to do. We only wish we could transplant Bob and Donna with us. :)
I am guessing my posting won't improve much until we have settled in. I have lots of projects, etc planned. Plus we owe about a million people dinner and drinks for the last 10 months so I will hopefully be entertaining a lot! Hope everyone enjoys the last days of summer.
Friday, August 5, 2011
Thursday, August 4, 2011
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
So, I am really behind on posts. I don't know where to start and then the fact that my camera is a goner doesn't help. Thankfully my memory card was salvaged, I just haven't gotten an adapter to load from that to my computer. So, I thought it was long over due (2 months) that I did our say goodbye to St. Peters post.
I lived in STL for 8 years, Justin for 5 years, Clayton 3 and Maddie about 6-12 months depending if you count living there 1 week a month for 6 months. :)
I am much better at lists so we will do a list.
Here are a few things we will miss about the STL!
- Friends! We met and became friends with some wonderful people who supported us through some horrible times. We can never thank them enough. We will always stay in touch!
- Grandma Diane, I mean she even loved Keely! :)
- Sue Sue, when the kids went to a babysitter it was SueSue. They love her tons and of course Bruiser Bear the dog.
- The library was 1 min away, that was awesome.
- The zoo, the parks, the museums, all the great things to do that you don't necessarily get in a small community
- The Cardinals! Who would have thought I would be at the World Series game that yes the Cardinals lost, but Boston broke the curse. We sat in awesome seats my company gave us, took both kids to their first games.
- Our house, it wasn't the biggest or the greatest, but we had fun there! Clayton said it was his favorite. :)
- Shopping :) Oh I miss my PotteryBarn
- Cheap gas
- Low Sales taxes
- Voting in a Republican State
- The Arch
- 25 cent sodas when the Cardinals scored 6 runs
- St. Louis Childrens Hospital (Yes, I will still be calling them)
What I won't miss!
- It was 108 there regular temp yesterday. (My theory I can always add clothing when it is cold, but I can only take off so much and not get arrested) I HATE the summers there. I know it sounds crazy but there can easily be a 15 degree or more difference between Peoria and there.
- I do not care nor will I ever care where you went to highschool. I went to University of Illinois and if you ask me where I went to school that will be the answer.
- Personal Property Taxes
- Being far from so many friends and family! We have been able to spend so much more time in Galena with my parents and grandparents!
- Sunshine Slowdown (Seriously, people cant drive when the sun is out?)
I am sure I missed a million things, I am tired, but wanted to get this on. So we closed on our house on June 7. It had been a long 8 months. The wonderful BNSF paid movers packed and moved all of our stuff into storage that week. Wow, all I know is my parents had already said they wouldn't move me again so the movers were a blessing. (Side note in the 8 years I lived there I was in 4 different apartments and a house. All of these moves seemed to happen in the STL summer heat. I was crazy!) I don't think I can ever move without movers again! Stay tuned to our stuff coming out of storage soon!