Sunday, February 9, 2014

Roasted Veggie and Goat Cheese Salad

I made this last night for Anna Banana and Uncle David.  I really liked it.  I would probably do less noodles next time, just because I like the veggies better.  You really could do all veggies and no noodles.  I also will probably wait until the summer to make it again so I have my own parsley and basil to use which will be a lot cheaper.  

  • 2 cups uncooked macaroni or rotini pasta
  • Olive oil cooking spray
  • 1 red bell pepper, sliced into wedges
  • 1 green bell pepper, sliced into wedges
  • 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into wedges
  • 1 red onion, thickly sliced into semi-circles
  • 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced into half-moons
  • 1 eggplant, quartered lengthwise and sliced
  • 1 cup whole cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 5 oz soft goat cheese, crumbled
VINAIGRETTE
  • 1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
  • 1/4 tsp each sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
  • 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh chives
  • 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf or Italian parsley
  • 1/2 packed cup whole fresh basil leaves
  • 1/2 cup verjus  I didn't use this, since I didn't want to buy it.  I subbed with Red wine Vinegar
INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Rinse under cold water to remove sticky starches; drain well and set aside.
  2. Mist a baking sheet with cooking spray and add peppers and onion in a single layer. Roast in oven until just browned but not soft, about 10 minutes. Transfer peppers and onion to a large bowl. Repeat with zucchini and eggplant in a single layer, then tomatoes; once roasted, add to bowl with peppers and onion.
  3. Stir vinaigrette ingredients in separate bowl.  
  4. Add pasta and vinaigrette to bowl with vegetables and toss well to coat evenly. Top with cheese and serve.

No comments: