Saturday, April 10, 2010

Madeline Elizabeth Murphy

"Goodnight little girls, Thank the lord you are well, and now go to sleep said Miss Clevel. And she turned off the lights, and shut the door. That's all there is, there isn't anymore."

My grandmother said this to my sister and I every night when we were little. This is the ending to the book Madeline, and how Justin and I came up with our little girl's name. (Pronounced "line" not "lynn") We were sooooo excited to welcome our little girl on Tuesday, April 6 at 9:42 am. She was 6 lbs 11 oz and 19 1/2 inches long.

After my appointment on Monday we had talked to the doctor and decided it was best to get the baby here and not wait till the next week. Justin and I got to the hospital at 7:30am and Maddie was here just a couple of hours later. Everything went great and she came out making lots of noise! The best thing I could ever hear!! We were able to leave the hospital early and came home on Friday. It is wonderful being home with Clayton, Maddie and Justin.

Clayton is a great big brother and is always saying "hi baby". Big brother will be celebrating his 2nd birthday tomorrow! Oh how time flies!

Our little family on Tuesday morning before I went in

Madeline right after she was born

The 3 of us in the OR

Maddie right after her bath

Ready to go home!

Mommy and Madeline right before we left

Daddy and Madeline, ready to go home

The 4 of us!!!!!!!!!!!

1st bath at home

10 comments:

John & Katie Lyons said...

Congrats Murphy Family! She is absolutely beautiful :-)

Karin said...

Awwww.... She is soooo beautiful, Sarah!! Grammy called me & apparently Aunt Grace said that Maddie was only 4 pounds- thank goodness she was wrong. What a perfect sized baby. She looks a lot like Clayton in the face too. Congratulations! Enjoy that sweet baby! She is precious!!

Unknown said...

She is absolutely precious! I love her name! Glad everyone is healthy and at home. Can't wait to meet her!

Annie said...

She looks like that adorable brother of hers! So glad it all went smoothly and you are home enjoying your new little girl- we'd been thinking of you!

Ali Flick said...

she is beautiful!!! Clayton is going to be a great big brother!! GIve him a big hug and kiss from me for his birthday!! I can't believe he is two!!

Ali

Anonymous said...

Sarah,

She is beautiful! Congrats and I LOVE to story behind her name. How sweet!

Laura

The D'Angelos said...

Congrats Sarah! Your family is beautiful. I think Madeline looks like you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you all...Sarah, you look fabulous!!! What a precious family you have...we are so happy for you.
~Kendra and family

Megan's Munchkins said...

Well....allrighty!! Congrats to the 4 of you and your families! What a sweet story behind her name as well. Get some rest.

Nikki said...

Congrats you guys! What a beautiful family! I am glad that you are back from the hospital and that everyone is doing well. I love her name!