- Anna and I were able to surprise Mom and Dad and go up to Chicago to the Boys State Swim meet a couple of weekends ago. We had such a blast! It brought back so many memories of when we would go up when we were little. We haven’t had a campout in a hotel room like that for sooo long. Yes, my dad still snores! Mom took us shopping and of course Anna scammed her into buying stuff! The guys did great swimming and improved on almost all their times. I don’t think it has sunk in yet that my dad is done with his coaching. I guess I know he has my little guy as his next swimmer! He better make him do lots of pushups like I had to do in swim class! I also had a ton of fun chatting with Anna on the drive up and back. Justin and David you should be scared that we had that much time to talk about you two.
- Clayton is on the move!!!!!!!!!!! The little guy now goes from crawling (belly crawling) to sitting up and playing to climbing up to standing. He is so cute. I love walking in to his room and seeing him sitting in his crib like a big boy! Funny story, Justin and I were soooo tired this past week from all the basement renovations, etc. Clayton wasn’t ready for bed so we put him in his crib to play and Justin and laid on the floor in his room. Keely joined us and curled up next to me. Next thing I know, I wake up and Clayton is yelling. Justin, Keely, and I had passed out on his floor and apparently he was a little mad that no one was paying attention.
- Big thank you to all of our diaper fairies! Especially, Nana and Grandpa! We went out and bought diapers for the first time this week. Yes, we made it 11 months without having to buy diapers! All I can say is if you know someone having a baby get them diapers! It is nice as a parent to be able to buy your child fun stuff sometimes instead of the boring diapers, food, etc.
- I AM DONE PUMPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My goal when I got pregnant was to breast feed for a year. Obviously at the time I had no idea I would have to pump the whole time. I made it to 11 months, and it has been a true test of my patience. I would have never not done it, but the time it takes to not only pump, but feed and clean bottles is amazing. I would never suggest some should pump if they can do the real thing! I could never have made it so long without Justin! He has been amazing about getting up and feeding Clayton in the middle of the night when he was little, helping me in the mornings when I have to get ready and pump. I could go on and on. He is an amazing husband and dad! (Justin is happy for me to be done because he was having nightmares that included the incessant noise of the pump)
- Keely is up to her same old silliness. She can’t wait for the nice weather to get here and stay! She loves going on walks with her little brother. She is also really excited about the basement getting finished so her and dad can hang out in his office.
Well, I think that is about all I can think of at the moment. Clayton has Grandpa and Nana coming down this weekend for a visit. We are excited to have them see him, since this month he seems to have changed so much! Hope everyone has a good rest of the week.