Sunday, September 9, 2007

Our first week with Keely


Ok, so I am new to the blog world and I know most of you up until now have been keeping up with Keely on the Goedeker's blog. Please be patient as I am not nearly as creative as Nikki!!! I may be soliciting her help on this.



Our journey to get our bundle of joy began what seems like a million years ago. We were so lucky to find the Goedekers and then for them to choose us to be Keely's new parents. Keely was born on July 5 as a singleton (meaning she was the only puppy) and we were able to bring her home with us on August 31. As you can see in the picture, Keely doesn't mind car trips at all. She slept most of the way, and then played the rest of the time. We were able to spend the long Labor Day weekend getting her settled in our house and bonding. She loves to crawl under the beds, cuddle on the couch with dad, run around in the back yard and go on short walks in our neighbor hood. She has just this weekend discovered the wonderful world of toilet paper rolls! I know I will no longer make fun of my dad for being in bed at 9 o'clock every night. Justin and I have been so tuckered out we can barely keep our eyes open past 9pm. Needless to say before Keely we were not waking up at 6am everyday. It is worth every minute though, we both love her so much.

Keely loves to play with all of her toys, but seems to really enjoy the frisbee and her new pal Mal (you will understand the name when you see the pic). We had our first rain this weekend and she isn't a huge fan of having to go outside when there are weird drops of stuff hitting her back. She must get this from her Aunt Ellie who despises going outside and getting her paws wet.


I am off to Mexico tomorrow morning for work. I am coming back Tuesday night so it is a little crazy, but will be interesting to visit one of our other plants. Justin and Keely will holding down the fort while I am gone. Keely is really looking forward to this next weekend when Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Anna, Uncle David, and Aunt Ellie come to visit. Hope everyone is doing well and have a great week.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Hey guys-

I love the duck, is that "Mal"? Little Keely looks very happy and I am sure she is enjoying her bonding time with Justin! I am sure he will do just fine while you are away, Sarah (it's like leaving the husband alone with a baby for the first time!).

Have a great week!

Marissa said...

I forgot to tell you. I have the same exact pillow and duck for Boss! =)