Thursday, April 23, 2009

Time to move into the basement!

WE HAVE CARPET! Ok, so we started this whole basement project back in February. If you know me, you know I have the patience of a 2 year old when it comes to home improvement projects. Once I have it in my head that we are going to be doing something it needs to be done yesterday! The wait has been worth it though. It will be wonderful to have the play space for Clayton and the extra family area too. I am going to try to restrain from making Justin move everything tonight! I am hopeful that we are drawing close to finishing all improvements we would make here. Unfortunately, I got the bright idea to replace our shower door in the master bathroom. While my dad and I were taking it off, a bunch of the tile came off too. We gutted the shower and now have to get that all redone. Remember the days when you called the apartment maintenance when something was wrong? They should have that for houses too! :)

We also have some other exciting news to share. Clayton will have a nanny or a “nanny aunt” this summer! Justin’s sister Heather will be babysitting Clayton. We love Sue-Sue and I know Clayton will miss her. We will be back to her in the fall, but I am so happy that Clayton will be home, with his aunt, get all the attention and be able to go outside on walks and stuff. Clayton’s last day of daycare will be next Friday. Aunt Anna is coming down to babysit after she is done with school for a week. Justin will actually be in Cincinnati for 2 weeks starting on Sunday, May 3. So anyway, Heather will be here from the middle of May until the end of August. I am changing my schedule at work so I will be working Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. We are so excited! So, instead of putting Justin’s office downstairs, we are actually going to make it a mini apartment for Heather to stay the three nights a week.

Clayton and Keely watching for the carpet installers.

"Keely are they coming?" Says Clayton "I am watching for birds, I don't know what you are talking about" Says Keely

Clayton's finished play area, minus toys.

Standing in what will be the the bedroom area while Heather is here, looking down to the family room area.

Standing in the family area looking down towards the bed area.

4 comments:

Karin said...

That looks amazing!! Can I hire you two for our new house? LOL! That's great about Clayton's Aunt watching him too. He's going to love it!!

Annie said...

What a great space- I'm envious of your basement! We are having a huge garage sale in June because we have too much JUNK and not enough space :)

Kari said...

I luh-uh-uh-uhve a finished project! It looks great. Can't wait to see how much ACTUAL space you have once you fill it with toys. :)

Marissa said...

Those pictures of your two kids are so stinkin' cute!!!